Saturday, October 25, 2008

Group therapy


We did have a group type situation recently with regard to a low dose protocol of iboga.I wanted to continue with the presentation I gave in Cape Town and allow people to experience iboga in a safe way. The group consisted of just over ten people and took place in Pretoria in an informal private setting.

There were several people who had some quite in depth and profound experiences but the general outcome was that I feel its better to deal with people on a one to one basis when it comes to therapy. The reason for this is so that the person can be met on the level they are willing to work on and can be assisted in achieving their own personal goals without conforming to a pre-set standard. This goes hand in hand with the concept that there is no one size fits all policy and that everything should be dealt with on a personal and individual level.

In future I think we will reserve groups for information purposes only and then from there the individual can choose if and how they wish to proceed.

So although I do believe there is always benefit from a low dose protocol of iboga; it still needs to be done with the individual in mind and so limit groups to helping people to understand iboga and how it may apply to them.

While on the topic; if there are any interested parties in attending or organising a presentation and Q&A to do with iboga please feel free to email me. I will then let you know of upcoming events or other areas of interest. Alternately if there are people interested in organising a small group of plus minus 10 people I would be happy to share what I can and wont charge for this as long as my expenses are seen to.

Thanking those with continued interest and support;

Simon Loxton
treatment@iboga.co.za